The NFVF has been running a high level producer course led by Angus Finney and Women of the Sun (WoS) have now obtained Finney's services to share some of his secrets in this very special once off Seminar.
Date: Thurs, 20 August 2009
Venue: Atlas Studios
ime: 9:30am for 10:00am
Cost: Women R100, Men R150
RSVP: with Eve 072 143 1825 / email@example.com
Producers who are aiming to make films for both local and international audiences should not miss this rare chance to participate and learn about the business of film from one of the world's experts.
Angus Finney has been MD of Renaissance Films, a UK-based development, production, financing and sales company a leading international sales company, has executive produced many films incl. Neil Armfield’s CANDY staring Heath Legder (Official Selection, Berlin 2006). And now runs London's premier film finance market, the PFM. Finney has been involved in the raising of more than $120m towards independent film production over the past decade.
Participants should realise that the value of the seminar is made even more worthwhile by the notes/MBA style course pack, which is worth the fee even before they have benefited from the actual seminar.
WoS seminars are aimed particularly to empower women filmmakers, bringing our members together to learn and network, but we encourage all producers both female and male and of all levels to attend.
· The Film Value Chain
· Creative material selection
· Project Management
· Financial Packaging Business models and business plan
An MBA style pack will also be available to the attendees. This will cover a range of key issues on international film business.
This seminar is aimed at SA producers of:
· local Film & television product drama and documentary;
· international product, that could find TV distribution/multi platforms in key territories beyond SA/Africa, and
· international feature films (including documentaries that cross over to theatrical) that require non-SA financing for distribution and exploitation on a world-wide basis.
Pay at the door or to:
Women of the Sun
Acc no. 1916 074804