Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lagadien steps down from SABC board

Fadila Lagadien has resigned from the SABC board due to its lack of leadership, SABC radio news reported on Monday.

Lagadien was the third member of the current board to resign this year after Peter Vundla and Christine Qunta.

Lagadien told the broadcaster: "I sent through my resignation to the presidency on the 21st of April.

"You know, the reason I decided to resign was that I am just a bit concerned about the leadership on the board of the SABC or, let's say, the lack thereof, because the risk to me as a non-executive director is too great and I don't personally have the power to change things.

"It was a tough decision," she said.

SABC spokesperson Kaiser Kganyago said the SABC could not confirm the resignation because it did not possess her resignation letter. - Sapa

No comments:

TPA Archive